the top 3 missing features in FCPX for the pro editors is:
1. no xml support
2. no multiclip option
now, for the first 2 Apple addressed in their FAQ page, but as for the third one, they didn’t specify what they are going to do. i belive that they have a major plan to deliver the best solution ever!
they are going to release the new Logic Pro X! and guess what? it’s going to integrated with FCPX!
you probably want to know how did i come to this conclusion, right?
well there is several reasons:
1. Apple will never leave the current sound editing and mixing interface, with no pro features and horrible flexibility as it is now
2. they discontinued the Soundtrack Pro app with no embedded features like they did with Color
3. there is a hint inside FCPX that indicates there is integration with Logic Pro in the Audio Effects panel. you can see that they have imported many Audio Units from Logic Pro 9 even with the same interface.
4. what number coming after 9…you gussed right: X (for those who don’t know the current Logic Pro current version is number 9) 🙂
if that’s going to happen than we are going to get the most powerful, easy to use, and professional audio editing in the world!!!! way better than Soundtrack Pro and defiantly way more better than any other video editing software on the market today.
what do you think?
You can read more on Apple stuff at iMac iN Tech.
- Logic Pro X is Coming to FCPX? (bozoworld.wordpress.com)
- Apple updates Logic 9 Express, Pro (macworld.com)
- FCPX Part 3: The backfire (feldmanfile.blogspot.com)
- Apple Final Cut FAQ: FCP7 import isn’t coming, multicam support is (macworld.com)
- Apple offers refunds to upset Final Cut Pro X users, but “rage-quitting” exodus grows (boingboing.net)
- Logic Pro and Express 9.1.5 Updates Available for Download (macstories.net)
- Apple Never Bringing Final Cut Pro 6/7 Import to FCP X (techie-buzz.com)
- Can’t hear MIDI keyboard in Logic Pro 8 (ask.metafilter.com)
- Doremisoft Upgrade M4V to FCP Converter To Fully Support FCPX Now (prfire.co.uk)
- Editing for Dummies (neptunesalad.wordpress.com)