Apple, with its iconic brand and lucrative retail network, is poised to tap into the growing watch industry. Headway in the business would help compensate for slowing growth in other areas, such as iPhones and iPods. Apple’s stock hasslumped by more than a third since peaking in September on signs of accelerating competition led by Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) and concern over how quickly Chief Executive Officer Cook is pushing into new products.
This is great news, cant wait to put my hands on one.
- Apple’s Planned ‘IWatch’ Could Be More Profitable Than TV (bloomberg.com)
- Samsung Phones’ Resale Prices Rival iPhone’s (marketwatch.com)
- Why Apple’s iWatch could rake in more money than a television (business.financialpost.com)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) iPhone 5 Not Threatened By Galaxy S4: Munster (valuewalk.com)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Scores Less Than Samsung In Marketing Spending (valuewalk.com)